Wednesday, April 22, 2009

And I thought I was losing it for a second

This is Mason. Adorable, cute, friendly, extremely cuddly. Yes all the good things in a dog Mason has.



My dear Mason is an indoor and outdoor dog. He has free range of anything..well except for the children's room. (since we welcomed him into our family, he's had a bad habit of dropping #2 on Teddy's play rug and peeing on his dancey dance mat) A huge NO NO!

We bought a gate to put in the doorway for when we leave the house and he stays home. So anyway everytime I leave the house to go to work I make sure he has food and water, make sure the gate is on, the bathroom door closed as well as my bedroom.

Today I walked in...and startled looked around for intruders. My bedroom door was wide open, clothes scattered. Bathroom door still locked but hallway closets open...and a distinct smell of poo lingered in the hall...yet no sign of his brown coil. ( I later found the damn thing under my office desk)HE HAS A DOGGY DOOR! I don't understand him when he goes in the house, its rare for him to do that, I think he gets mad at us and does it on purpose.

No intruders, no signs of forced entry...then who did this? My husband comes home sometimes midday during his lunch if he is near the area so I thought... oh maybe Daniel came home. When I asked, he let me know he hadn't.

Its unsettling to think someone has been in "your" space. It bugged me the rest of the evening. I was sitting on the couch when I hear something in the kitchen... scared I go and tiptoe towards it. I even started to think...ghosts????NAH! but it does cross your mind after a marathon of TAPS.

This is what I found.


I think I found who's been opening my door and closets. So much for putting up a gate... Im pretty sure he can jump over it.

Now I wonder..how does he open my door? How does he turn the knob and open the closet doors? Should I set up a web cam?

3 comments:

Vander. said...

I love Mason. He's going to be a General one day. Promise.

Vander. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

YES set up a webcam that would be hilarious! Pets do some weirdo things when no one is around!